You can simply follow these steps to create new biological samples:
You can use the import function to create several new samples at one time, for more information see Import Biological Samples.
Select Biological Samples
Click on the Prep tab and click on Biological samples.
Click on Create
Click the + Create button.
Fill out the fields
Fill out the required fields; Sample ID, Name, and Nucleic Acid type. Optionally, you can fill out the Organism (species) field and the Project field. You can also generate a new project by clicking on the Project selector and then clicking on the New... button. The project field is optional, but you will be required to provide it later in order to store your data.
- The Sample ID and Sample Name fields support alphanumeric characters, dashes, or underscores. Sample ID has to be unique and brief; Sample Name can be more descriptive to provide a human-readable identifier.
- The Organism (species) field is optional.
- The Project field is optional, but if you do not specify it here, you must set it later, because the output data gets stored to the project.
- Fill out the Nucleic Acid column with DNA or RNA.
When finished, do one of the following:
- If you only want to select the newly created sample, click the Prep Libraries button. Continue with Prep Libraries. Please see the image below for an example.
- If you want to select multiple samples, click the Save & Continue Later button. This selection takes you back to the Biological Samples list, with the recently created sample at the top of the list. Continue with Use Existing Biological Samples.