The BaseSpace Sequence Hub User Interface (UI) has a number of common UI elements that are shared between all BaseSpace Sequence Hub pages, and which enable general tasks. Mainly the UI can be divided into:
- Toolbar Elements
- Contact Us Button
- Bottom Panes
- Links at the Bottom
The following documentation describes the actions available in the header within BaseSpace Sequence Hub.
After login, the first tab users see is the dashboard. The dashboard provides access to notifications, iCredits, and your latest runs, projects, and app results. The dashboard is always accessible in BaseSpace Sequence Hub from the button in the header.
This section shows notifications, with the most recent listed at the top. There are multiple types of notifications :
- Collaborator joined a project/run of which you are a member
- Collaborator invited you to a project/run
- (optionally) collaborator has included a personal message
- Collaborator recommended an App
- Collaborator accepted your offer to transfer ownership
- Collaborator offered to transfer ownership to you.
Messages from Illumina
- New Demo data set
- Announcement of a new feature
The bottom left pane of the BaseSpace Sequence Hub dashboard shows the three most recent runs, and is updated automatically. Clicking the Runs pane opens the Runs tab. Clicking a run opens the Runs tab with the run loaded.
The bottom middle pane of the BaseSpace Sequence Hub dashboard shows the three most recent projects. The folder icon indicates the sharing status of the project: if it shows several people , the project is shared. Clicking the Projects pane opens the Projects tab. Clicking a project opens the Projects tab with the project loaded.
App Results Pane
The right bottom pane of the BaseSpace Sequence Hub dashboard shows the most recent app results. Clicking an app result provides charts relevant for the app used in the Projects tab. For more information, see App Results Page.
All in-app purchases are performed using an Illumina currency called iCredits. Before a user can make any in-app purchases, they must add iCredits to their account by purchasing them through BaseSpace Sequence Hub. 1 iCredit can be purchased at a rate of 1 USD.
The Runs button leads to the runs list, which allows you to sort your runs based on experiment name, state, workflow, created date, machine, and owner.
Public Data tab
- MyIllumina Dashboard
- FAQ: leads to a number of frequently asked questions and Illumina-provided answers
- Terms: leads to the User Agreement
- Blog: leads to the blog. Check out for the latest news, developments, and updates
- Sign out
Contact Us button
BaseSpace Sequence Hub users can access Help, contact support or provide feedback almost instantly in the matter of few clicks. See Contact Us.
The bottom links provide access to more information:
- Help: redirects users to the online help website for BaseSpace Sequence Hub
- FAQ: leads to a number of frequently asked questions and Illumina-provided answers.
- Developers: leads to the developers portal where you can learn more about creating apps in BaseSpac Hub
- Terms: leads to the BaseSpace Sequence Hub User Agreement
- Blog: leads to the BaseSpace Sequence Hub blog. Check out the BaseSpace Sequence Hub log for the latest news, updates, and developments, and to subscribe to updates.